2019 World Youth Day Cosmos Terms & Conditions-please read carefully
1. The purchase of any travel services offered by Circuit Travel Pty Ltd (ABN 12 001 268 257), authorised to trade as The Globus Family of Brands which includes Cosmos (“The Company”) constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (also referred to in these conditions as “pilgrim”) and The Company, and represents your acceptance of The Company’s Terms & Conditions as set out herein. Please ensure that you carefully read and understand these Terms & Conditions prior to booking. You represent and warrant that you are authorised to accept The Company’s Terms & Conditions on behalf of everyone named in your booking, and you will be deemed to have accepted The Company’s Terms & Conditions on behalf of everyone named in your booking. You are advised to check The Company’s websites or to request the latest version of the Terms & Conditions from your Pilgrimage Coordinator or The Company prior to booking your pilgrimage.
How to Make Your Reservation
2. For any enquiries please see your Pilgrimage Coordinator or call Cosmos World Youth Day team on 1300 230 235.
3.All pilgrims are required to register an Expression of Interest “EOI” which is located on the front page of the www.wydpanama2019.com.au website under “Register Now”. The pilgrim EOI will need to be validated by the official appointed Pilgrimage Coordinator at your Diocese or Order. Once you have been approved you will be invited to return to the website where you will be able to choose your pilgrimage being offered by your Diocese or Order. Only the official appointed Pilgrimage Coordinator at your Diocese or Order has the right to refuse your passage to any pilgrim deemed unsuitable or not in keeping with the eligibility criteria of their pilgrimage.
Deposit and Final Payment
4. Except as provided in clause 8, a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $800.00 per person per pilgrimage is required for The Company to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions as noted below. The deposit must be received within 7 days of your booking. On certain departures, deposits may be required at time of booking to hold or to confirm space for you. Your reservation will be automatically cancelled if the deposit is not received by The Company by the deposit due date. Your booking is not confirmed and payment is not deemed made until the deposit is received by The Company and The Company sends a confirmation invoice to you. Any bookings made within 100 days of your departure from Australia will incur a late booking fee of $30 per booking.
5. Payment of the deposit confirms you have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
6. Payment of the balance in full must be received by The Company no later than 100 days prior to departure with some limited exceptions set forth below. If final payment is not received by The Company by the due date, your reservation will be cancelled and your full deposit will be retained by The Company.
7. The Company accepts payment via Bpay, Paypal, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Merchant fees apply to purchases made by credit card. Please review and verify your booking invoice thoroughly and contact The Company immediately if your invoice appears to be incorrect or incomplete, as it may not be possible to make changes later. The Company cannot accept responsibility if it is not notified of invoice inaccuracies within 14 days of sending out the invoice. In the case of billing errors, The Company reserves the right to re-invoice you with correct pricing.
8. Subject to clause 9 below, you have a cooling-off period of seven (7) days during which you may cancel your pilgrimage. Your cancellation must be made in writing to The Company within the cooling-off period. The cooling-off period will commence on the first day following the day on which you book your Pilgrimage. If you cancel your pilgrimage during the cooling-off period your deposit will be refunded and no cancellation fee will apply. If you do not cancel your pilgrimage during the cooling-off period, then all other of these Terms and Conditions apply.
9. No cooling-off period will apply to pilgrimages booked less than 100 days before a scheduled land pilgrimage departure, or earlier if specified for the particular pilgrimage. For bookings made within these periods, payment in full is required at the time of booking.
10. The following deposit and/or final payment dates apply to these pilgrimages. Please see your invoice for more information on deposit and/or final payment dates. Please check with your Pilgrimage Coordinator or the Company prior to booking for the Terms and Conditions of those pilgrimages.
Air Travel Inclusive Pilgrimages
11. Air travel can only be booked by The Company in conjunction with a pilgrimage package. All air travel is subject to the airline’s terms and conditions and applicable laws, which may limit or exclude its liability to you.
12. Travel Documents, including e-ticket itineraries, are sent by post approximately four weeks prior to departure provided full payment, Emergency Contact details have been received, and passengers have acknowledged these Terms and Conditions. The documents will be sent to you or to your Pilgrimage Coordinator.
Cancellations and Cancellation Fees
13. If cancellation is received in writing by The Company before the final payment due date of your pilgrimage, the non-refundable deposit will be retained in addition to any airline imposed fees or cancellation charges. If cancellation is received in writing by The Company after the final payment due date of your pilgrimage, the below specified per person cancellation fees apply. The total price specified below does not include discounts, promotions, or special incentives. No cancellation fee will apply to pilgrimages cancelled within the cooling off period (see clause 8).
Standard Land Cancellation Fees for escorted pilgrimages:
14. From time of booking – 100 days prior to scheduled departure: Loss of individual Pilgrim Land Deposit $500.
15. 99 – 60 days prior to scheduled departure: 25% of total individual Pilgrim Price.
16. 59 – 30 days prior to scheduled departure: 50% of total individual Pilgrim Price.
17. 29 – 14 days prior to scheduled departure: 75% of total individual Pilgrim Price.
18.13 – 0 days prior to scheduled departure: 100% of total individual Pilgrim Price.
Standard Airline Cancellation Fees for escorted pilgrimages:
19. From time of booking – 130 days prior to scheduled departure: Loss of Individual Air Deposit $300 Per Person
20.129 – 100 Days prior to scheduled departure: 60% of total individual airfare is non-refundable
21.99 - 0 Days prior to scheduled departure: 100% of total individual airfare is non-refundable
Exceptions to the standard cancellation fees:
22. Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services reserved prior to, during, and after the pilgrimage. If flight changes (including but not limited to flight cancellations or name changes) are requested, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply in addition to the above cancellation fees (see “Revision Fees” below).
23. Airline revision or change fees may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at the time of cancellation. If an air travel inclusive pilgrimage is cancelled after air tickets have been issued, any applicable refunds will be processed after air tickets are returned to The Company.
24. Cancellation fees relating to insurance policies will be subject to the Terms and Conditions of the insurance provider and will incur the standard Revision Fee (see “Revision Fees” below).
25. The Company reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any pilgrimage departure in accordance with operational requirements or circumstances beyond its control. If a pilgrimage is cancelled prior to the scheduled departure date, The Company’s only responsibility will be to refund the amount received for the reservation. Wherever possible, The Company will offer the same pilgrimage with a different departure date, or an alternative similar pilgrimage. If there is a difference in cost, it will be at your expense. For air-inclusive pilgrimages, The Company will try to confirm air schedules for the selected new dates, subject to availability. The Company is not responsible for any additional costs or fees relating to the issuance and/or cancellation of air tickets or other travel arrangements not made through The Company.
26. The above cancellation charges will be applied in all cases. The Company strongly recommends you take out comprehensive travel insurance, including coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, and land content and airfare charges that may arise, including due to cancellation. For more details about travel insurance, see your Pilgrimage Coordinator or call us on 1300 230 234.
27. A fee of $30 per transaction will be charged for any alteration or revision made to a reservation after the deposit is made. Any revision to an air travel reservation may result in the loss of confirmed airline reservations or increased airfare which will be payable by you. Additional airline and hotel charges may also apply and may be up to 100% of the full price. A change of pilgrim name, pilgrimage date, or itinerary after the final payment date will be treated as a full cancellation and new reservation; pilgrimage cancellation fees (as above) apply.
Air Travel Arrangements
28. The Company will try and assist in making new arrangements providing you have not already checked in with your airline for your first flight segment. After check-in, you must work with the airline directly to reach your destination or to make any alternate arrangements including amendments to return services. Airline fees often apply for modifications to air schedules not related to airline imposed flight cancellations, reschedules, variations or delays. These fees will be payable to the airline directly on request. If you miss your departure flight or connection, it is your responsibility to work with the airline on which you are ticketed to reach your destination. No refunds will be provided by The Company for portions of trips missed due to cancelled, rescheduled, varied or delayed flights after airport check-in, nor is The Company responsible for any additional expenses you may incur prior to joining your trip if you miss your departure flight or flight connection.
29. For the benefit of everyone on your pilgrimage, The Company reserves the right to accept or reject any pilgrim and to remove any pilgrim whose conduct is deemed incompatible with the interests of the other pilgrims. The Company will not refund or cover any cost or expenses incurred for termination of pilgrimage arrangements due to unacceptable behaviour. All Tour Directors, Local Hosts, and Local Guides, speak English and all pilgrimage commentary is conducted in English. For maximum enjoyment and understanding, you should be able to read and speak English.
Pilgrims Who Need Special Assistance on Tours
30. You must report to The Company at the time of reservation any disability requiring special attention while on pilgrimage. The Company will make reasonable attempts to accommodate the special needs of disabled pilgrims, but is not responsible in the event it is unable to do so; nor is The Company responsible for any denial of services by air carriers, hotels, restaurants, or other independent suppliers. The Company cannot provide individual assistance to a Pilgrimage participant for walking, dining, getting on and off motor coaches, cruise ships and other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically able companion must accompany pilgrims who need such assistance and must assume full responsibility for their well-being.
31. Some locations and sightseeing activities may not accommodate wheelchairs and may require extensive standing, sitting or walking. The Company is not responsible for any missed activities due to a pilgrim’s inability to participate with the group. Most transportation services, including the touring motor coaches and cruise ships, are not equipped with wheelchair ramps.
32. Pilgrims under 18 years old must register via their school for World Youth Day 2019. They cannot register via the Expression of interest on the www.wydpanama2019.com.au website.
33.The company cannot allow minors under eight (8) years of age on pilgrimages due to safety and comfort of all passengers on a pilgrimage.
Coach seats cannot be retrofitted to meet safety standards to accommodate capsules, baby seats or booster seats.
34. The Company does not have specialised facilities and/or treatments for childbirth, prenatal or early infant care on board its cruise ships, nor may those facilities be available at ports of call or on land stays. The Company strongly urges pregnant pilgrims to consider the risks of travelling where necessary medical care for pregnancy may not be available and may not be reachable in a timely manner to address potential medical complications, problems and emergencies that can occur during pregnancy.
35. Smoking is not allowed on transportation that is exclusively provided by The Company. As a standard rule, The Company confirms non-smoking hotel rooms.
36. All Pilgrimage prices are based on rates (including foreign exchange rates) known at the time of publication, are expected to be in effect at the time of departure and do not include airfare except where specified. Pilgrimage prices are per person.
37. Once The Company has received your full deposit for any Pilgrimage departing 12 January 2019 to 02 February 2019, that price is guaranteed, and any subsequent air/land/cruise cost increases are at The Company’s expense, not including surcharges, energy cost increases, or any government tax increases. Air travel tickets booked via The Company are guaranteed once full payment has been received. This guarantee does not include any government/airport tax increases.
Visas & Passports
38. You are responsible for obtaining and paying for all visas and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the countries you will visit. The Company is not responsible for providing specific visa and passport information or documentation, and The Company cannot accept liability for any pilgrim refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure of the pilgrim to carry correct documentation. All pilgrims travelling internationally are required to have a passport. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of the trip. It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when travelling, as many countries require blank pages. Multiple entry visas are required for some Pilgrimages. It is your responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements. The process of obtaining a visa and/or passport can take up to three months or more.
39. The hotels/pilgrim houses/student accommodation listed on this website are intended to be used on all departures; however hotels/pilgrim houses/student accommodation are not guaranteed. The Company reserves the right to substitute other hotels/pilgrim houses/student accommodation than those listed on the itinerary pages. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, including alternate hotels/pilgrim houses/student accommodation for additional departures on the same date, or hotels/pilgrim houses/student accommodation location changes within or outside itinerary cities, the hotels/pilgrim houses/student accommodation substituted will be of equivalent or higher quality to those shown. No refunds are provided for hotels/pilgrim houses/student accommodation changes; full cancellation penalties as noted above apply.
40. The accommodation listed in our websites is intended to be used on all departures. However, if a change becomes necessary for any reason, substitute accommodation will be equivalent in standard to that shown. No refunds are provided for accommodation variations and full cancellation penalties as noted above apply.
41. Porterage is not included in the Pilgrimage price. Your single bag should not exceed the dimensions of 76x53x28cm (30”x21”x11”) and weight of 23kg (50lbs). We are unable to accept a second suitcase or any luggage exceeding these limits. Some Pilgrimages have more restrictive regulations than these listed above. Please refer to your Travel Documents for applicable regulations.
42. Size and weight limitations for carry-on and checked baggage vary from airline to airline and even according to destination, and are becoming more restrictive. Most airlines charge fees for checked baggage and these fees are not included in the airfare or the Pilgrimage package price. Please check with your airline(s) directly for baggage information, regulations and fees. The Company is not responsible for additional fees imposed by air carriers for baggage. Regulations within most airports require that pilgrims handle their own luggage through customs.
43. Carry-on baggage is limited to one bag per person travelling and must not exceed the dimensions of 30x28x14cm (12”x11”x6”). For safety reasons, wheeled carry-on bags are not suitable and will not be permitted as hand luggage on motorcoaches. Carry-on bags must be small enough to store in overhead bins or under the seat in front of you on motorcoaches and other transportation.
44. The Company will not accept responsibility for loss of or damage to baggage or any of the traveller’s belongings throughout the duration of the Pilgrimage. The Company recommends that you ensure loss of or damage to baggage is included in your comprehensive travel insurance.
Not Included in the Pilgrimage Price
45. Airport taxes and fees (unless specified); passports; visas; vaccinations; laundry; telephone; mini-bar; alcohol; beverages and food not on the contracted Cosmos menu (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship or restaurant); insurance of any kind; baggage fees; and all other items of personal nature.
46. Your Tour Director, Driver and local city guides are already included in the price of the Pilgrimage.
47. Please note that any request for refunds is subject to these Terms & Conditions: no refund will be made for unused services, for unused transportation where group activity tickets are involved, or for voluntary modifications made by the traveller
Service Inquiries after the Pilgrimage and Complaints
48. After returning from your Pilgrimage, if you wish to inquire about any services provided, please ensure that all correspondence relating to those services is received by Client Relations, Circuit Travel Pty Ltd (see address under “Responsibility”).
49. Should you have a complaint in respect of your Pilgrimage, you should inform your Pilgrimage Coordinator or Cosmos Tour Director immediately so they may attempt to rectify the matter. Any complaint or claim involving the Pilgrimage services offered must be notified to The Company within 30 days of the Pilgrimage completion date.
50. During local or national holidays or special events, on Sundays and religious occasions, certain facilities such as museums, places of worship, restaurants, sightseeing tours, and shopping may be limited or not available. Alternatives will be offered whenever possible. The Company will not be held responsible for any closures or curtailments in circumstances beyond its control.
Acceptance of Risk
51. Please be aware that during your participation in Pilgrimages operated by The Company, certain risks and dangers may arise beyond our control, including but not limited to: the hazards of travelling in undeveloped areas; travel by boat, train, automobile, aircraft, or other means of transportation; forces of nature; political unrest; acts of lawlessness or terrorism; and accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities. The Company will not be liable for the provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care that may be rendered. While The Company will use its best efforts to ensure that adequate measures are taken, by agreeing to participate in a Pilgrimage and/ or optional excursions you agree that you will hold The Company harmless regarding any provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care rendered.
52. The Company will use its best efforts to cater for your special dietary requirements and allergies. If you have any special dietary requirements please inform The Company at the time of making your reservation. However, The Company cannot guarantee that certain products will not be in food served. The Company will not accept any liability in relation to any medical conditions, special dietary requirements and/or allergies of pilgrims, even if such conditions are listed in the Emergency Contact Details provided by the traveller. You must make your own decisions when selecting meals. The Company’s comments are only to assist you in making an informed decision.
Emergency Contact Details
53. All pilgrims must provide emergency contact details PRIOR TO TRAVEL so that The Company can get in touch with friends or family in case of an emergency. Emergency contact details should be provided on the registration form.
Photographs or Pictures
54. Photographs or pictures appearing in this website should be used solely as an indication of facilities and attractions. Actual facilities and attractions may vary according to itinerary. Maps shown on the Pilgrimage pages are current at the time of printing and may not reflect the actual Pilgrimage routing should the itinerary change.
Exclusion of Liability for Optional Excursions & Activities
56. Carriers, accommodation, and other suppliers (“the Suppliers”) (including but not limited to trains, cruises, ferries, motor coaches, hotels, and restaurants) providing optional activities and excursions (“the Services”) available for booking are not run, supervised, or controlled in any way by The Company. These Services are provided by local operators or other third parties that are entirely independent of The Company, which has no control and has no right of control over the operations of these independent contractors. Such Services do not form any part of the product or services sold by The Company, even where The Company suggests particular operators/other third parties and/or assists in booking such Services.
57. Your contract for the Services will be with the Supplier and will be subject to its Terms and Conditions, which may contain exclusions or limitations of liability. The Company has no liability for any such activity or excursion or for any act(s) or omission(s) of the Supplier or for any of its employees or agents or any other person(s) connected with the Service. Any advice or assistance on or with the Service provided by any local representative does not mean or imply that the Service is sold, supervised, or controlled by The Company or that any such advice or assistance is given on behalf of The Company. Pilgrims are asked to check with the Supplier and the applicable Terms and Conditions before booking.
Exclusion of Liability for Tour Itinerary Changes and Cancellations
58. In the event of water problems on stretches of any waterway, technical problems of any nature, severe weather, flooding, fire, drought, earthquake, explosion, peril of navigation, industrial action, civil unrest, war, government order or act, operational requirements or any circumstances beyond the reasonable control, it may be necessary to modify or cancel an itinerary. The Company reserves the right to change the itinerary whenever conditions, in the opinion of the Tour Director, render it advisable or necessary. These events are beyond our control and The Company will not be responsible for any loss, expense, or inconvenience caused by reasons of such changes.
59. The Company reserves the right to cancel, advance or postpone any scheduled pilgrimage date in accordance with operational requirements or circumstances beyond its control and may, but is not obliged to, substitute another vessel and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to Pilgrimage participants by reason of any such cancellation, advancement or postponement. In the event of cancellation by The Company, pilgrimage participants’ only right of recourse shall be to a refund of monies paid to The Company in connection with such pilgrimage.
In the event of charters of the vessels, strikes, lockouts, riots, or stoppage of labour for whatever cause or for any other reason whatsoever, The Company may at any time cancel, advance, or postpone any scheduled sailing and may, but is not obliged to, substitute another vessel and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to pilgrimage participants by reason of any such cancellation, advancement, or postponement.
Responsibility and Exclusion of Liability:
60. Subject to clauses 63 to 66 above, The Company is responsible for providing the services described, including arranging transportation, sightseeing, and accommodation as described. All references to The Company include its agents and employees.
61. These pilgrimages include the services of operators other than The Company, for example accommodation providers, airlines, other carriers, and optional pilgrimage operators (“the Suppliers”). In making your travel arrangements The Company acts only as an agent for the Suppliers who are independent contractors and are not agents, employees, or servants of, or in joint venture with, The Company or its affiliates. All certificates and other travel documents for services issued by The Company are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the Supplier, which are available on request, and to the laws of the countries in which the services are supplied. While The Company takes all reasonable care in selecting the Suppliers, it does not accept responsibility for any act or omission of the Suppliers.
62. The international carriage of passengers is subject to international conventions and treaties. These international conventions and treaties limit and, in some events, exclude the carrier’s liability to pilgrims. Where any claim or part of a claim (including those involving death or personal injury) concerns or involves any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on or off the transport concerned) provided by any air, sea, inland waterways, rail, or road carrier or any stay in a hotel, The Company’s maximum liability is the maximum which would be payable by the carrier or the hotel keeper concerned under the applicable international convention or treaty applicable to the travel arrangements or hotel stay. International conventions and treaties that may apply include: the Montreal Convention (1999), the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air, signed at Warsaw, 12 October 1929 (the Warsaw Convention), the Warsaw Convention as amended at The Hague on 28 September 1955 and the Warsaw Convention as amended at The Hague and by Additional Protocol No. 1, 2 or 4 of Montreal (1975) and the EU Regulation on Air Carrier Liability for air carriers with an operating license granted by an EU country, in relation to air travel; the Berne Convention for rail travel; Athens Convention 1974 for carriage by sea; the Geneva Convention for carriage by road and the Paris Convention 1962 for hotels.
63. Booking and payment for a pilgrimage shall constitute agreement and acceptance by the passenger of these terms and conditions which cannot be varied except in writing by an officer of the Company.
64. Notwithstanding anything contained in these conditions, The Company shall continue to be subject to any guarantees provided by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and the Australian Consumer Law (the Act) if and to the extent that the Act is applicable to these conditions and prevents the exclusion, restriction and modification of such guarantees.
65. The Company excludes all liability including liability for any loss, damage, costs and expenses whatsoever (including personal injury, death, and property loss) that may arise in connection with or arising out of your Pilgrimage and liability under implied conditions, and warranties and guarantees except any guarantees, the exclusion of which would cause this Clause to be void, such guarantees being referred to in these conditions as “non-excludable guarantees”.
66. You agree that neither The Company nor its affiliates shall be liable for any damage, loss (including personal injury, death, and property loss) or expense occasioned by any act or omission of any Supplier providing services, or of any insurer or insurance administrator, or of any other person.
67. Legal proceedings against The Company may be instituted only in a court within the State of New South Wales, and any claim involved in such proceedings shall be decided in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales. Neither The Company nor any affiliate shall in any case be liable for other than compensatory damages, and you hereby waive any right to punitive or aggravated damages. No person, other than an authorised representative of The Company by a document in writing, is authorised to vary, add, or waive any term or condition in this brochure/website, including any term or condition set forth in the preceding provisions.
COSMOS is a trademark owned and/or applied for and/or registered by Cosmos European Travels AG, in the Australian Trademarks Registry and in other global jurisdictions. Cosmos Pty Ltd., is an authorised user of the trade and service mark COSMOS owned by Cosmos European Travels AG.
Our Australian address
Circuit Travel Pty.Limited
Level 5, 309 Kent Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
GPO Box 3436
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 230 235
Online reservations available at
ABN 12 001 268 257
Licence No: 2TA000637
Feedback and/or Service Enquiries After your Pilgrimage
Should you wish to contact The Company after returning from your Pilgrimage, please contact us at: