- Collection of Personal Information
- Access and Amendment of Personal Information
- Disclosure of Data
- Storage of Security and Data
- Cookies Technology
- Opting Out of Marketing Activities
- Making a Complaint
Collection of Personal Information
Gfob collects, holds and uses personal information for the following purposes:
- Booking travel arrangements
- To contact the individual in relation to the services provided by Gfob.
- To complete a reservation by a Customer Service Consultant, a registered travel agent or the direct consumer.
- To dispatch a brochure requested by the registered travel agent or the direct consumer.
- Upon request, for Gfob to provide information about products, services, any new tour options, special offers, competitions, surveys, consumer queries and Passport to Rewards.
- To enable Gfob to contact people nominated by the individual in the case of an emergency.
- For operational purposes, to take note of how our websites are used by recording site traffic and observing navigation techniques.
- To diagnose website problems with our service and the administration.
- To monitor and improve internal operations, as well as to improve the experience for our website users.
Access and Amendment of Personal Information
All personal information obtained by Gfob can be made available to the individual upon written request by contacting the Privacy Officer at email@example.com. Proof of identification must be supplied when requesting to access or amend the personal information. Once the request is received, Gfob will respond within 48 hours.
Gfob take reasonable steps to ensure the information we hold about the individual is accurate, complete and up to date. However, if access to the individual is refused, Gfob will provide reasons for such refusal and inform the individual of any exceptions relied upon under the APP’s.
Disclosure of Data
Except where you are otherwise notified, Gfob do not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. However, Gfob are affiliated with a range of third party businesses and travel suppliers in Australia and around the world. In the course of doing business, Gfob will routinely disclose individual’s personal information where it is necessary in the following circumstances:
- For the arrangement of travel and accommodation
- In the case of emergencies and incidents
- Within reasonable grounds, that the third party recipient is required to deal with the individuals personal information
- Where it is otherwise permitted by law
Gfob may transfer, store and otherwise process your personal information with the following third parties only where required and permitted by law:
- Our international offices in the Asia Pacific, North America and Europe
- Information processors (including operators of global travel distribution systems)
- Airlines, hotels, tour directors, insurance companies and other travel services relating to the product, and information technology
- Organisations which provide services to us, such as mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies and consumer research agencies
- Government and statutory authorities
Storage of Security and Data
Gfob is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. The information Gfob received from or about individuals is stored on systems designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration of the information. With respect to credit card information, Gfob is PCI compliant and ensure that we do not record or retain any credit card information in any of our systems or in any form once a booking transaction has been made and completed. The registered travel agent will also follow a unique secured process to facilitate the booking and are responsible for ensuring the unique access is not provided to others. Gfob will take reasonable measures to destroy personal information if it is no longer required for any purpose.
Opting Out of Marketing activities
Individuals have the right to request Gfob to stop using their personal information to carry out direct marketing of the products, services and promotional activity. To opt out, a written request is to be sent to the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the request is received, Gfob will respond within 48 hours.
Making a Complaint
Gfob have procedures in place for dealing with complaints relating to our privacy practices. Any complaint is made by contacting the Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Any complaints made will be investigated as soon as they are lodged and all reasonable efforts will be made to resolve the complaint as soon as possible. The laws Gfob comply with are regulated by the Australian Information Commissioner.
*Related Companies – includes the Globus family of brands - Globus, Cosmos, Avalon Waterways and Monograms trading in Australia as Circuit Travel Pty Ltd